Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting Ready To Go

We leave THIS Friday morning for our mission trip to Honduras. Folks keep asking me "Are you packed yet?". I'm starting to feel paranoid! The trip is still 3 days away, and yet I feel like I'm behind schedule! Do folks really start packing 3 days before they leave?!? I've thought about what I will take. I've purchased the food I will take (very important!). And I've washed a few clothes. It will come together. Sometime.

As I thought about getting ready to go, I realized there are other things that need to be done besides packing and shopping. We got traveler's insurance. We made sure our passports and shots were up to date. I went to the bank to make sure I had enough cash for Doug and I to pay our exit fee out of the country in new dollar bills! So many details!

Finally, I've started praying. I've prayed for our team members that we would be healthy. I've prayed that all luggage would arrive and that our medicines would easily clear customs. I've prayed for the Honduran people. I've prayed that even though they may not understand our words, that they would understand the love in our actions. That God in his supernatural way would intervene with his Holy language and help those we are trying to help know that we do so because God first loved us.

Will you join me in this prayer? Pray that our time in Honduras will meet physical AND spiritual needs. Pray that as a team we would minister to one another as we minister to the Honduran people. Pray for Dr Ponce and Tree of Life Ministries as they follow up with people long after we've left the country.

Finally, pray for a good internet connection while we are in Honduras so I can post updates to this blog! I look forward to sharing the story of God's love to the Honduran people as written by Luke 9:2 Ministries in January 2011.

1 comment:

Eatons said...

You are one talented lady, you know that? I wish I were half as good as you at putting my thoughts into words. I can hardly wait to see what God has in store for next week. Bud